What makes us think that no one we know will ever get Cancer? I am amazed at the amount of people I know or know through someone else that has cancer. I am even further amazed at the many, many and yet many types of cancer their are. I have never been touched so close as I am right now with cancer. My brother-in-law, Rick, has been diagnosed with a rare type of testicular cancer. He is the husband of my very dear sister-in-law, Kelli. They are very strong in their faith, thank God that they know Him! How could you ever get through something as terrifying as this without His peace within you?
Please pray for them as Kelli is pregnant with their 4th child (due in Oct.) and Rick has begun Cemo treatments this week. This will last for 9 weeks. The entire summer! As I said they are strong in their faith but please pray they all will stay healthy and strong even when Rick is not (at this moment). Also pray for complete healing of Rick at the end of his 9 week treatment. I just don't know how I would react if this was in my immediate family (meaning my husband or children); but I would hope that I would handle it with as much grace, faith and cheerfullness as my wonderful brother-in-law and sister-in-law.
Thank you all for your prayers!
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Keeping them in our prayers.
Post a Comment