Digital photography is such a great invention! NOT! Don't get me wrong, I love not buying film every month in bulk. What I don't love is all my pictures being forever trapped in my computer.
I take a plethora of pictures each month not to miss one event in my children's lives. Only to come to the realization that I am missing enjoying the pictures and memories because they are not printed out. I remember in the "old days" going to Walgreens, Target or Walmart and printing my pictures each month. Placing them in their albums and framing the special pictures.
When digital first came up I would rush to Walgreens and print the pictures off my memory card. Then Snapfish and Shutterfly appeared. Why rush anywhere? I can just upload my pictures and print them whenever I want. Right? Wrong! I forget to print!

I have all these cute pictures in iPhoto just waiting to be enjoyed. Only a few get uploaded to our blog or on FaceBook and I can't enjoy them on those fabulous online applications. Let's face it -- I need to be more diligent on uploading and printing. At the rate I am going now I will have to print three years of pictures off of Shutterfly to catch up. That's not intimidating at all!! - HA!

Can you guess what I have been trying to do for the past week? You got it -- upload all of this year's pictures so I can make a calendar for 2010. So others may enjoy just a few of our precious memories.
Have fun sorting your pictures from 2009. I hope you are better at it than I.
Oh--- and these pictures are (you guessed it) just a few of our fun memories from 2009 or past.
2 comments:
We have the exact same problem. Thousands of beautiful pictures (no, I'm not exaggerating) and they only exist on the computer. I think I better get printing too!
My pictures used to be free...that is- I used to print them for my scrapbook. Sadly, I am now a year behind. But I do plan to catch up. It seems to be the only way that I can keep them from being trapped!
Post a Comment